When Reagan was born there were so many physical similarities between her and her sister that I felt like I was raising twins. Now... are they even related?! Reagan is a climber, an investigator - she has to touch everything and go everywhere. All drawers and cabinets must be opened and emptied. She will climb onto every table and into every bathtub (empty or full). She's a fearless explorer.

Isabella is not. She has a strong vernacular and perfect enunciation of most words. We spoke "baby talk" of course, but when she started repeating things, it was time to stop. She absorbs the English language like no other child I've ever seen. She's also strong in gymnastics and can be very spirited. Like most children her age, she's independent. Before she was three years old she could zip her jacket all by herself (I don't know why she needed a jacket when it was 100 degrees outside, but who am I to judge?). I don't think I could do that until first grade probably. I couldn't be more proud of her!

It's so hard to keep from comparing the girls. They're sisters so of course there will be comparisons. I wish Reagan was as strong a speaker as Bella was at her age. Bella was advanced in that respect... she still is. She says things and understands words and phrases like a child of six or seven. It still surprises me, even though it should be old hat. Am I labelling her so soon? Speaking and gymnastics are her strong suits, but I don't want to put her in a box just yet. Unfortunately, I think I am.

And what of Reagan? Her interests are all over the place and that's great! She's not even two! She likes tricycles and baby dolls and tumbling with her sister. She loves her Daddy and mentions him often when he's out of town for work. She likes swinging and hugging and snuggling in bed for storytime. She's a joy and she has a giggle that makes me smile when I think of it. So why do I worry about her speech? It's as if I worry because there's no box for her yet. She's not this way or that way, just HER way. She's healthy, happy and full of fun.

This has been somewhat helpful. I think I just talked myself into an obvious realization: they're different people and they're still very young, so I need to stop worrying and just enjoy them. I'd like to say "Done and done", but it'll be hard. I want to put Reagan in a box! In getting ready for her second birthday, I didn't even know what theme to use. What are her interests? What will she love? We decided on a princess theme, but I'm just settling. I know she'll have fun no matter what because I can already tell one thing about her - she loves life.