I had a great weekend with the kids and a lovely Labor Day with my parents. Went to the water park Saturday with the girls, my mom and one of my nephews (Cullen). The girls had a blast. Chris had to work setting up for Sunday, but he was home in the evening for family time. Sunday my parents, my sister and her family joined us at the BBQ & Bluegrass Festival at Boone Hall Plantation. Since Chris was working the audio, we got free tickets. It was my first time, but it won't be my last. I loved it.

Monday was Labor Day and my dad invited us fishing on his boat. We've never even seen his boat because he keeps it in Moncks Corner, so we were really excited! The girls were all set in their cute little life jackets. We bought our licenses on the way out there and we were ready for a day of fun. It was windy and it made the water rough, but I enjoyed the spray and the bumps. Isabella was not having as much fun as the boat rocked and rolled across the water. The engine cut out a couple of times until it finally locked up. We were stranded. Reagan was happy just to be held, so she was fine, but Bella was scared. A boat passed us and she made a comment about the kids on the boat falling off. I told her the kids didn't fall off the boat and I realized what was wrong. We had seen a boat pulling two kids on a tube and she must've thought they fell off the boat. With the water being so rough, she was afraid of falling into the water. How can a swimmer be afraid of falling into the water? I tried to quelch her fears while we waited for the tow back to the dock. She fell asleep shortly after getting off the boat, but when she woke up, she wanted to "go on the boat with PawPaw". I guess she finally had a good time. Too bad we had to cut it short. Didn't even get to fish.

So that's the fun stuff, now to the not-so-fun stuff. Our air-conditioner finally gave up yesterday. It's probably fifteen years old, so it came as no surprise. We got four different estimates for new systems back in March. I just didn't want to have to spend the money on something we didn't need... and now we need it. Chris got an offer for term life insurance yesterday and we had to make the first years payment on that. Oh, and did I mention our mortgage is due? I never wonder where my money is because I know it's safe in someone else's account.

Today is Chris's birthday. It's impossible to buy something for him without him telling me what he wants. When he wants something, he usually buys it. There has to be a special occasion in the immediate future for him to avoid making purchases for himself. So what did I get him? Nothing. It's pathetic and I feel terrible about it, but he doesn't NEED anything and he's already bought all that he WANTS. So why waste money that we don't have on something that he doesn't want or need? I'm rationalizing because I feel like a jerk for not getting him anything. Ugh. I am a jerk.