Of course I was invited to the preview party for the behind-the-scenes documentary for Fashion Week 2009. Why wouldn't I be invited? I'm hip. I wear maxi dresses and sunglasses too big for my face. I have a bobbed haircut and a fondness for cocktail rings. I read Glamour and Lucky. Oh, wait. I wasn't invited. Chris was invited and took me as his date. Good choice, in my opinion.

The movie was shown at the new Hippodrome theatre downtown (the old IMAX location). It wasn't exactly the most exciting night out, but I laughed and drank Woodchuck and laughed some more. I rubbed elbows with the real fashionistas of Charleston like... um... Ayoka and... um... look, I don't wanna be a name-dropper. The movie was better than those boring documentaries on A&E, but less exciting than the newest episode of Toddlers & Tiaras. I will admit that the alcohol I consumed made me sleepy and I considered closing my eyes. Hey, I have two small children at home. I fight my willpower to take naps at work every day of the week. I was away from my children, in a dark theatre, mildly intoxicated and sleep deprived. Chris should've had to carry my unconscious body out of there.

We picked up the munchkins at my parent's house around 8:15. Obviously it wasn't a late night. We didn't hit up the after-party at Shine. Did I really need to say that? So for about two hours I got to feel like a fashionable woman, instead of a frumpy mom. That alone made the evening worth it.