Wow. Potty training is going incredibly well. I guess my mom instincts were right. We waited until she was ready and now she's wearing pull-ups all day (diaper at night) and she hasn't had a poop accident in over a week! She's pooping in the potty all the time! She loves it! And I love it too. I'm so proud of my girl. This part is going so great that I hate to bring up other issues she's having. But I will.

She refuses to sleep in her bed. She goes through phases with her bedtime routine. For months she'll be an angel and go right to bed. She won't fuss, but she will ask for her music or a toy or a blanket. And then she becomes panicked when we try to leave her. The panic becomes increasingly worse as the days go by until it's non-stop screaming. That's where we are now. She has always slept with her door only slightly ajar. She used to call after us to remind us to close her door. Now she freaks out if we close the door. She says she's scared of her bed. We put a pallet of blankets on the floor at the foot of our bed and she still cries when we leave her upstairs. What do I do? Why is she so scared? It makes me sad.

The other thing going on with her is her increased appetite. She's always been an eater, so to even mention something about her appetite is strange to me. If there's food, she wants some. However, she has become more interested in eating than in playing - even at the water park! She stopped playing at the water park and at the pool this past weekend to eat. She kept saying she was hungry! She would start wandering off and when I'd ask where she was going, she'd tell me she was hungry and she wanted pretzels or a sandwich or whatever. She'd sit in a chair and just eat like it was her job. I know it might be a growth spurt, and I hope it is, because her little body can't keep up this pace!

By the way, her little sister is doing well too. I swear she said "ma ma ma" this morning. I turned to look at her and she was reaching for me! She's never reached for anyone before! Very exciting stuff!