My two-year-old is adorable. She's loving and wacky and she comes with the guarantee that she will make me question myself as a parent... daily.

She's staying with her grandparents tonight and can do so because Grandpa is retired for the most part. She helped me pack her suitcase this morning before leaving for the sitter and I wanted to be sure she had everything she might want or need. She slept with her flip-flops last night, so that list is growing. She didn't even wear them. She held them in her arms with her baby doll. She also woke up at 3:13 this morning screaming because she couldn't find them. Foolishly, I put them on the vanity next to her bed when I went to check on her before going to bed myself. I didn't want to lose them in the sheets and blankets and have to send out a search party in the morning! How was I to know she'd wake, find them missing, and proceed to scream until they were "found"? And honestly, my husband can never say anything about my fascination with shoes ever again - I don't sleep with them!

Unfortunately, that is not the point of this story. While packing, I asked if she needed all her other sleep pals (Tigger, baby doll & a pink lamb she thinks is a rabbit) and after her confirmation, I dropped them into the suitcase. I turned around and heard, "Not baby!" "Okay," I said, not turning back toward her. Figuring this would be a good time to wash her sheets, I stripped her bed and turned to leave the room. And there she sat on the suitcase. Her baby's head tucked under her shirt. I looked down at her and was in awe. "I'm feeding my baby," she told me. Feeding her baby.

A few days ago, she found a resistance band of mine. The band had the ends tied together for some exercise long forgotten. She put the band around her neck and put the baby doll in the fold of the band. If you're having trouble picturing this, she was using the band as a sling.

She's only two. How did she become such a little mama? And you can imagine, I am very proud to have a breastfeeding, baby-wearing daughter. Even if she is only two.