Try as we might to live each day the same to avoid change and disruptions, these things force themselves on us. Before you know it, your babies are bigger, you need a new tire (puncture in the sidewall), someone close to you loses a parent and you have a head cold. I guess if I was really trying to avoid change, I wouldn't have such busy weekends. But truly, my weekends don't vary much either!

I thank God that I am here to see my babies grow even if I don't notice every pound or inch (until someone is grabbing things off the counter that she couldn't reach before!). I thank God I am here to comfort my friends when they are in need. I thank God the tire place is open on Saturday! I thank God for allowing me a new day and, with each one, more opportunities to do His will.

We all fall into patterns. Our patterns might involve kids and school and work, or work and more work! However we live, sometimes we forget to live. Make each day a little different. I'm not saying have fish instead of chicken. Or maybe that's exactly what I'm saying! Yes, have fish.

It's not all hot air - I am practicing what I preach. No, we didn't have fish, but this made me really think about how I live and whether I get the most out of life. The answer? I'm trying and I like it.

I had a Premier jewelry party last Saturday. I've never done that before and I can see myself doing it (or something like it) again. I love entertaining and I don't do it often enough. We had a friend over for dinner last week and it was lovely to see him. Dinner wasn't perfect (I didn't cook the corn long enough) but the company was wonderful. Instead of our usual water park weekend, we went to a friend's pool the weekend before last (this past weekend was a water park weekend!). Variety is the spice of life, right?

Unfortunately, the grief experienced by ones close to us is painful. It's tragic and traumatic and I don't want to say anything to lessen their suffering. It's just horrible.

I've not come to any life-altering conclusions, nor have I made dramatic changes to improve myself. I'm not going to tell everyone to "make the most of each day" or anything cliche like that. I love my kids and I don't spend enough time with them. I also don't spend much time doing laundry (my husband can vouch for this). I will probably never have balance, but it's not my goal.

At the end of each day I think the same thoughts. Are my babies safe and sleeping? Did I kiss them and say "I love you"? Did I tell my husband the same? If the answers are "yes" then I give myself permission to sleep at peace. I try to remember to thank God for all I have, but I admit that I often forget and I hope He already knows.