Hopefully, in the coming weeks I will have lots to say about numbers 1 and 2 as they relate to the digestive and excretory systems of my eldest daughter. That's how it is when you're potty training. My hat is off to parents who can potty train in a weekend (we tried it) or go the EC (elimination communication) route. Maybe I'm a wimp when it comes to this sort of thing. In not wanting to force her and cause her to be anal retentive, I have allowed her to continue the diaper affair.

In the past few (maybe 4 or 5) months, my child has considered the potty a passing fancy. Her personal little potty is mostly used as a stool instead of for stool. She hops up on the porcelain throne impulsively. But after this morning's events, I think it might be high time we try again and try with all our might.

Walking around naked after her shower, she asked to go potty and hopped up on the toilet. She usually does this in the morning, but it's the only time of day she does it so it's not a big deal. Don't get me wrong, I lavish her with praise! I want her to ask, so I make sure she knows how awesome it is to pee in the potty. She was still naked when I lay down to nurse her sister. Thank goodness her daddy was out of the shower because I never would've made it into the bathroom in time. Quite suddenly, she said she needed to potty and covered her heiny with her hands. She had locked the toilet lid after peeing, so she couldn't just hop up on the potty. Chris had to unlock the potty and prop her up on the bowl in a few quick movements. It was a landmark achievement! Poop in the potty! Hurray for Bella Boo! Hurray for poop!