What should I do? Okay, it's morbid to talk about this, but it also shows I'm a responsible parent. Well, if I could make up my mind I'd be a responsible parent. We really need to sit down and write out a will. How do people do this? How do you choose a person to raise your child in the event of a tragedy? I don't want someone else to raise my kids! I don't think anyone else could do it as well as I can. Chris thinks it should come down to our parents, but that's not a good option for me.

I won't go into all the details of my childhood, but I don't want my girls to grow up the way I did. My parents grew up on farms and my childhood was a result of their childhoods. I would venture to say I had a better life than they did, but it wasn't what I wished for. Let me be clear that there was no kind of abuse. My parents are good people, but I feel like they didn't really help me on my journey. Besides, we don't agree on a lot of things when it comes to the girls.

That's part of my problem with the in-laws as well. I am not a perfect parent. I make the best choices for my babies and my decisions are informed. I've only been a parent for about two and a half years, but I'm a parent to two small children in 2009. They are the parents of adult children in 2009. And people have mentioned that grandparents don't treat grandchildren as their children - they treat them better. Ugh. If they'd only listen to me when I tell them don't give them things because it's a choking hazard or their little tummies can't handle that certain food, etc. They think they know better than me because they already raised two kids - well listen up! I survived so I could be a better parent than you! We have more information. We have the internet! We use car seats!! Gahhh!

So back to this will thing... um, yeah, I don't know either.